La Casita (Guadalupan Multicultural Services) is rooted in the Gospel message of Jesus “For I was a stranger and you welcomed me” (Mt 25:35)
• Responds to the social and sacramental needs of God’s people within the catholic social services office in the diocese of Birmingham, AL.
• We are a nonprofit agency that provide ways for God’s people to serve those in need, especially among the hispanic community.
• The mission of Guadalupan Multicultural Services is to provide a safe and welcoming environment for people of diverse culture to meet, obtain information, and receive available services.
• Collaborating parishes and agencies strive to mobilize existing organizational and individual assets within the community.
• The center does not presume to speak on behalf of community members, but rather aims to provide a mechanism through which community members and interests can be heard.